We are looking for an Executive Assistant to help the Sri Lanka Foundation coordinate key areas in our Foundation.
We seek an Executive Assistant to help the Sri Lanka Foundation coordinate key areas in our Foundation. This in-person role will start as a part-time role with a flexible work schedule at our headquarters in Downtown Los Angeles, California.
The title will be called the "Production Services Coordinator." It will report to the Senior Production Director and receive direction on tasks related to facilitating the delivery of services from our Production Division. The starting hourly rate will be $18-$25/hour, depending on experience.
Sri Lanka Foundation is a 501 C (3) non-profit organization formed in June 2003 by Walter Jayasinghe, M.D. M.P.H., a well-known Sri Lankan-American physician in Los Angeles. With its head office in Los Angeles, California, the main focus of the Sri Lanka Foundation is to promote Sri Lankan culture in the United States and globally. The Sri Lanka Foundation’s mission is to rebuild hope and lives throughout Sri Lanka and its expatriate communities worldwide.
- Assisting with scheduling and coordination for our Production Division
- Assisting with the delivery of services provided by our performing arts department
- Assisting with event production
- Assisting with basic budgets and invoice handling
- Assisting with administration and record-keeping
- Assisting with basic video/photo projects for social media
- Assisting with transportation for events
- Bilingual in English and Sinhala. This is a requirement as some tasks require speaking with individuals in Sri Lanka.
- Ability to drive large vehicles (Sprinters, small trucks, or vans)
- Knowledge of Sri Lankan history, culture and customs
- Computer proficiency (macOS, GSuite, digital editing, web search, etc.)
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to work well with others and participate as a team member
- Integrity, morality, and ethics
- Knowledge of, or ability related to, Sri Lankan dance, drumming, or singing would be a bonus.