About the Awards
- Since the inception of the Sri Lanka Foundation at the Wilshire Grand Hotel, Los Angeles in 2003, we have been keeping in line with the vision of the Foundation which is ‘INSPIRE, & ACHIEVE’. As mentioned time and again we make every effort to distinguish Sri Lankan expatriates around the world who strive to reach their goals in the quest for brilliance. For over a decade, we have achieved this by selecting some of the most endowed, gifted awardees that include Doctors, Entrepreneurs, Engineers, Lawyers, Artists, Musicians, Scientists to name a few. So here we are again, looking out for those with hidden talents to leap forward and forge ahead to the winning post, and showcase their brilliance. Your Achievements are Sri Lanka Foundation’s Pride!
What are the Award Categories?
- Are you aware of the Sri Lanka Foundation Award Categories?
- Click any of the Awards below to learn more:
Following are the Prestigious Awards:
Lifetime Achievement Award
Exceptional Achievement Award
Outstanding Performance by Young Professional
Outstanding Achievement Junior Award
Srimerican of the Year
Lifetime Achievement AwardThe Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes Sri Lankan expatriates who have achieved a lifetime of accomplishments that are truly extraordinary, widely recognized and of outstanding success. They have made a noteworthy contribution to his/her field and have been honored at an international level by professional and/or peer organizations. They are committed to professional growth and have dedicated to serve as a role model or mentor for the advancement in their field. Recognition can be granted to an expatriate for work in any part of the world, and for a wide range of areas.
Exceptional Achievement AwardThe Exceptional Achievement award recognizes and honors Sri Lankan expatriates who exemplify the highest standards of excellence and have distinguished themselves in any field, vocational or philanthropic, covering an entire career. They are committed to professional growth and are a role model for the advancement of their field. They have been honored at an international level by professional and/or peer organizations.
Outstanding Performance By Young ProfessionalThe Outstanding Performance by Young Professional Award is presented to young Sri Lankan expatriates in their early career who have made significant achievements and contributions to their profession and/or community and are recognized for leadership in their field. The contributions are not necessarily publicly renowned but represent important creative effort or accomplishment with societal or educational value. The achievements of the awardees are inspirational to the younger generation and bring honor and a source of pride to Sri Lanka.
Outstanding Achievement Junior AwardThe Outstanding Achievement Junior Award is presented to young Sri Lankan expatriates under the age of 18 who have made significant achievements and contributions to their community and are recognized for leadership. The contributions are not necessarily publicly renowned but represent important creative effort or accomplishment with societal or educational value. The achievements of the awardees are inspirational to the young generation and bring honor and a source of pride to Sri Lanka.
Srimerican Of The YearThe Srimerican of the Year Award is presented to Sri Lankan Americans who have made overall contributions to the betterment of the Sri Lankan American community. They have excelled in various spheres of activity including the arts, education, industry, literature, science, sports, social service and public life and have brought honor to both Sri Lanka & America.
President’s AwardThe President’s Award recognizes outstanding expatriates who have helped the Sri Lankan community envision the future, identify paths to success, and carry out a vision. They have exhibited integrity, collaboration, and intellectual, emotional, and social growth while making exceptional philanthropic contributions to the betterment of the Sri Lankan community worldwide. This awardee is chosen by the President of the Sri Lanka Foundation.
- Do you want to see if you qualify for one of the prestigious categories. Then here’s what our panel of Verification Committee members will take into consideration for your running.
- • The completed application form
- • Copies of Proof of Achievements
- • Copies of any other Credentials
How are the Awardees Chosen?
- A panel of judges, those of whom are not affiliated with the Sri Lanka Foundation and its members will check the accuracy of the candidate’s credentials. Candidates with the highest scores will be selected as our winners for the above awards. Nominees who are not selected in the current year, are called upon each sequential year to obtain updates to their existing applications, and are resubmitted to the Panel of Judges, for deliberation.
The Sri Lanka Foundation receives nominations from all over the world. The Verification committee collects the completed application forms.
The Verification committee then verifies all the submitted details for accuracy. Incomplete applications are sent back to the Nominator or the Nominator is informed that we need more information.
The application forms are then sent to a panel of highly qualified and anonymous judges who are not affiliated with Sri Lanka Foundation.
The judges review the applications and the nominees with the highest scores are selected as our winners. If the Judges decide a person is not suitable for the nominated category but for another category, the application will be sent back to SLF. Then SLF sends it to Nominator to re-nominate for the other category suggested.
Winners will be presented with their awards at the Sri Lanka Foundation Awards Presentation Show.
SLF Awards Page Tour
We’ll quickly go over what each of our pages offer. Let’s start with the Home page! Learn more about us! Read about our Mission & Vision, Our Founder and Our Crest. Visit our News page and browse our Categories to stay up to date with stories. happening all over the world! Never miss any of our SLF Events or events shared by other communities! Re-live all of our SLF moments! Click any of our most recent albums or view them all. Search our business listings & learn all about the Sri Lankan Embassies and Consulates around the world. Our award presentation is one of our most popular events where we honor the works of exemplary individuals. Don’t miss out on our next Sri Lanka Day Festival! Click Let’s Get Started to learn more. Do you have a question for us? Contact us today!