This wonderful book has been transcribed from five lectures on Buddhist philosophy. It follows on the heels of his successful book, Letting Go of ‘Self’: Lessons in Buddhist Psychology (June 2021, Amazon).
Life Examined: Lessons in Buddhist Philosophy reveals the pitfalls of an unexamined life and shows how a change in our philosophy of life can free us from suffering by:
• Exploring how human thinking evolved up to the present.
• Discovering how the Buddha’s thinking surpassed all human thought with an extraordinary view of life.
• Learning stepwise the meaning of truth, goodness, happiness, existence, and non-existence.
• Integrating and experiencing the above philosophical analyses into your life and verifying them in your own experience.
• Living an authentic life guided by the Buddha’s philosophy with confidence.
Title: Life Examined: Lessons in Buddhist Philosophy
Size = 6” x 9”
Pages = 281
Format: Paperback (An eBook format is also available)
Price = US$ 7.04; CA$ 9:34; UK£ 5:85; Au$ 13.69; EUR€6.62…
In the spirit of sharing the Dhamma for free, the price is the minimum set by Amazon with zero profit for the publisher.
Venerable Mahathera Madawla Seelawimala
Professor of Theravāda Buddhism
Institute of Buddhist Studies and Graduate Theological Union
(Affiliated with University of California, Berkeley).
Founder and Spiritual Director of the American Buddhist Seminary, Sacramento, California.
Martin A. Barroll, Ph.D., Professor of Anthropology and Sociology (retired).
Request: Please distribute this announcement to your circle of friends.
Mahendra Wijayasinghe, Ph.D.