Part-Time Dance Instructor
The Sri Lanka Foundation Academy of Performing Arts is an ACS WASC accredited performing arts school in Los Angeles. The SLFAPA is seeking an instructor with experience in teaching Sri Lankan Traditional dancing techniques for a diverse population of students.
Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours, including the weekends.
- Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching, honed from personal performing experience on a professional level.
- Uphold the best scholarly and ethical standards of his or her discipline.
- Make a reasonable effort to participate in professional development activities in order to identify and implement effective teaching strategies that foster student learning.
- Make a reasonable effort to foster honest academic conduct and ensure that his or her evaluations of students reflect each student’s performance.
- Demonstrate respect for students as individuals and foster a respectful atmosphere in the classroom or an online learning environment.
- Treat all students with respect and fairness without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, weight, height, marital status, familial status, protected disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief or any other status protected by law.
- Demonstrate mastery of course material, come to class prepared to teach the days lesson (including preparing all handouts, exams or other materials before the start of class), and present the material conscientiously.
- Make himself or herself available for student consultations and provide guidance to students to promote student learning and success.
- Meet all scheduled classes and final examinations as scheduled.
- Grade and return written work to students in a timely manner. Maintain appropriate records of students’ attendance, intermediate, and final grades; submit required reports to the appropriate office by the scheduled deadlines.
- Develop and distribute an effective course syllabus, following the guidelines of College policies and incorporating required elements of the course master; adhere to the written syllabus throughout the semester, within reasonable limits; participate in the College course evaluation process.
- Be informed of the College’s support services for students and recommend their use, when advisable.
- Make every reasonable effort to attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Behave appropriately in dealing with students and staff so as to maintain a scholarly and professional atmosphere.
- Responsible for performing, analyzing and reporting assessment of student learning.
Submit your resume here.
“Please refrain from phone calls or emails to Sri Lanka Foundation staff“
1930 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1100, Los Angeles, CA, 90057, USA
December 12, 2019